Originally a slate quarry, the Nursery began life producing forest trees in the late 1960s. It started to sell plants to the public in 1974 and went on to become one of the largest and most well-respected nurseries in the South West.
One of my reasons for visiting was to visit The Café and The Orangery where they use our PaperWise Natural 150gsm for their menus
![]() |
| Image courtesy of Duchy of Cornwall Nursery website |
...and here are the Wine list and the Menu, both printed (in house) on our PaperWise Natural 150gsm which is manufactured from 100% agricultural waste - this is the stems and leaves left over the harvest and which is usually left in the field and burnt. PaperWise is produced in factories in India and South America that make a big difference to local communities with investments made in education, infrastructure, and healthcare. You can read all about PaperWise HERE. As you can see from the images PaperWise is a natural shade and is completely unbleached (with some natural specks) and home compostable too... The menus look and feel superb and are completely in tune with the ethos of the nursery. Design is by Chris Holmes at Design by Channel. My thanks to Vikki for looking after me and enabling me to take some images of the menus.
Whilst I was at the Nursery I also spent some time at their fantastic shop, where I was happy to see work from two of our customers on display!
Calendars from Isla Middleton. I have written about the 2024 calendars HERE
...and also a wide selection of products from Archivist, including their wonderfully large matches and letterpress greetings cards.All in all an excellent day at the Nursery.
Posted by Justin Hobson 30.10.24






No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment! If I like it, I'll add it on. Cheers J