Monday 27 July 2020

The Print Lady says it with flowers...

Ainslie Chivers is the Print Lady. Having been in print for over 25 years, Ainslie now works as an independent print professional managing print jobs for clients, design studios and individuals. She is based in Hampshire and as well as her knowledge of Litho, digital and finishing processes, she also possesses an Adana hand letterpress machine.

...and last week I received in the post a lovely note and examples of our new BOTANICA, Floral seed paper, letterpress printed!
Click on images to enlarge
 Below you can see the details of the petals:
I wrote about this new range, when we launched it on May Day this year HERE. The BOTANICA floral seed paper is handmade for us here in England by Two Rivers Paper, who are based at Pitt Mill in Somerset.

...and here is Ainslie's lovely note:
Because great care has been taken in the hand papermaking process, using 100% cotton, without chemicals and dried naturally (only by air) means that the seeds will germinate and grow. Below, you can see my efforts, grown on wet tissue on our window-sill.
...and my colleague Sarah Glennie has demonstrated her horticultural skills using compost in the image below - 4 weeks after planting:
My thanks to Ainslie for taking the time to send me examples and for spreading the good news of this new range to her clients.

https://www.printlady.co.uk/
Posted by Justin Hobson 27.07.2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! If I like it, I'll add it on. Cheers J