Friday 17 November 2017

British Book Design & Production Awards 2017

Yesterday evening,  I was lucky enough to be at the British Book Design and Production Awards which is hosted and run by the British Printing Industries Federation (BPIF) at London's Millennium Hotel in Mayfair. A very lavish and swish occasion.
I was kindly invited by Fenton Smith and Bonnie Lo from London print company BOSS, who were also one of the sponsors and printed the awards catalogue.
 
On arrival, the nominated entries were all out on display and it was a truly wonderful array of books and catalogues. 
The evening was opened by Charles Jarrold, Chief Executive of the BPIF...
 ...a gathering of over 200 people from the world of publishing, print and design - and a few paper people in there as well!
It was particularly lovely that a project which I was involved with won the category for Exhibition catalogues.

The project is called "Searching For Eve in the American West" by photographer Maryam Eisler. It is designed by Roger Fawcett-Tang of Struktur Design and it was beautifully printed by Boss Print.

 ...and here is the team that made the book possible on stage, collecting the award from the compere Jenny Éclair.
I can just give you a teaser of what this award winning catalogue is like...
Click on images to enlarge
It is exquisitely printed offset litho throughout on Omnia 150gsm, using tritones, but I shall write about this project at length in the future.

It was a great evening - good company and food and my thanks go to BOSS for inviting me and many other old friends on the table too.
Posted by Justin Hobson 17.11.2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! If I like it, I'll add it on. Cheers J