Wednesday 5 October 2016

Justin becomes a Liveryman...

Regular, eagle eyed, readers of this blog may remember that last year I became a Freeman of the Worshipful Company of Stationers and Newspaper Makers, which I wrote about here. Yesterday I was "cloathed" and became a Liveryman, which is basically a full member of the Company. The term livery originated in the specific form of dress worn to retainers of a nobleman and then by extension to special dress to denote status of belonging to a trade. So when I was "cloathed" yesterday I wore a livery gown as you can see in the picture below:
The Stationers' originally dates from 1403 and in 1557 it was awarded a Royal Charter becoming a Livery Company. You can read more about the Stationers' online here or you can speak to me!
http://justinsamazingworldatfennerpaper.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/justin-becomes-freeman.html
Posted by Justin Hobson 05.10.2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! If I like it, I'll add it on. Cheers J