Wednesday 7 July 2010

Portsmouth Uni - London Exhibition

Last Thursday, I was invited to the University of Portsmouth's London show at the Rag Factory in Heneage Street.

It was a really good show - with a good bar (!) and some very interesting work. Through tutors Mike Harkins and Maaike van Neck, I'm fortunate to have been involved in some of the projects with the students and it was great to see some of the finished work.

Craig Atherton's work is striking even if he's not fussed about bad language!
...pieces include bastard petroleum etc.
craigatherton@ymail.com
Work (below) by Jenna Smith (printed on Redeem 100% Recycled!) - jennasmith88@hotmail.com
...and I already featured Mikey Ayling's superb piece on this blog back in March.
http://justinsamazingworldatfennerpaper.blogspot.com/2010/03/mikey-ayling-at-portsmouth-uni.html

and I thought this work below by Tim Hampson was outstanding. Overprinted folio sheets of text pages overprinted to form dustjackets (and posters) for book covers:
...so if you've spotted some new talent, don't forget that you saw it here first! 
Posted by Justin Hobson 06.07.2010

1 comment:

  1. I do believe that's my handwriting on your invitiation. Glad you enjoyed the show - unfortunately I was unable to be there in the end. Thanks for all the support you've given us over the past three years - particularly enjoyed your talks about paper.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! If I like it, I'll add it on. Cheers J